If you’re looking for a fun, safe and obstetrician approved workout to support you through all stages of your pregnancy, then join our specialised pilates classes at Graceville Physio, less than 8km from Brisbane CBD.
You’ll experience a combination of:
- core stability exercises
- pelvic floor strengthening
- safe stretches and
- mobility exercises suitable for all stages of pregnancy
You can relax knowing you’re in the hands of highly skilled physiotherapists who are also trained pilates instructors. Each class has a maximum of 4 participants allowing you to enjoy the extra attention you and your bub-to-be deserve during this special time in your life.
Choosing trained physios over regular pilates instructors is a smarter health choice.
If you are experiencing any pain or problems, you will be closely monitored by a pregnancy physio who can tweak your individual program so you can get maximum benefits in a safe and supportive environment. Our team will also liaise with your GP and obstetrician so you can be assured of a team approach throughout the entire term of your pregnancy.
In addition to pilates, our team can offer you a tailored package including physio consultations and massage safe for expecting mothers [link to pregnancy massage page] so you can get the full spectrum of physiotherapy benefits during this special time in your life.
Your ultimate health is foremost with you and your baby in mind at all times.
Prenatal Pilates Classes: The best pre-baby workout for your core and pelvic floor
Pregnancy pilates is an excellent way to stabilise your core muscles and ensure optimal function of your pelvic floor. These classes also target your postural muscles around the lower back and pelvis which help you carry the extra weight during your pregnancy and ease pain in the lower back and pelvic areas. They will also enable you to control excess weight gain while you are expecting and it’ll mean a faster recovery following the birth of your child.
In these classes you can expect to learn:
- Pilates and yoga based exercises for optimal body function
- Physical preparation for birth
- Advice on rehabilitation following birth (including post C-Section)
- Safe exercises while pregnant
- Stretches and strengthening exercises to help aid labour and reduce pain during labour
- Exercises to relieve pain during the different stages of pregnancy
- Advice on optimal positioning during labour
- Breathing techniques to aid a pain free labour
- Relaxation techniques while expecting and for labour
Is it safe to start pilates during pregnancy?
Under the guidance of a trained pregnancy physiotherapist, and provided all is going well, you can participate in prenatal pregnancy pilates classes right up until the big day.
No matter your background or history with exercise, it is safe to start pilates any time before, during or after your pregnancy. The benefit of joining a pilates class at Graceville Physio is that you’ll have an exercise program tailored to your needs. Pilates is widely recognised and approved as a very beneficial form of exercise for pregnancy, both in prenatal and postnatal stages.
Any previous pain or injury you may be experiencing can be treated by a qualified physio who works in tandem with your GP and obstetrician, giving you the full support you need.
Your body will change with each trimester and having a pregnancy physio by your side throughout the entire process is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your child.
Postnatal Pilates Classes: To aid in a quick recovery after labour
After giving birth, the emphasis is on gently strengthening your posture, core and pelvic floor muscles. We aim to help you achieve optimum body recovery post birth without adding any extra stress to your body.
Under the guidance of a pregnancy physiotherapist, in our postnatal pilates classes you will:
- Activate and progressively strengthen your core and pelvic floor
- Engage in postural correction and strength building exercises
- Receive advice on feeding and baby carrying postures as well as safe postnatal exercise
- Build upper body strength to keep up with the increasing weight of your baby
- Learn exercises to help keep you calm and relaxed while looking after your newborn
- Learn exercises that you can do with your baby to improve your strength and help your baby progress through their milestones
If you are currently expecting or if you have just given birth, book in for a consultation with one of our pregnancy physiotherapists and we can tailor a package for your prenatal and postnatal health.
To book in for your initial consultation and for pregnancy pilates classes, call us on (07) 3278 1186 or make a booking online.