Call us on (07) 3278 1186
What are the Benefits of Massage Therapy?
- Massage makes people feel nurtured. The sole act of placing of hands on the body helps to facilitate an overall healing response.
- It is well recognised that babies who are touched and cuddled do better than babies who lack this attention.
- Massage increases circulation to skin and muscles. It helps with muscle injuries and improves the appearance of skin.
- Certain types of massage such as lymphatic drainage can be helpful to cancer sufferers who develop lymphedema. Lymphatic massage helps to rid the body of toxins that sit underneath the skin.
- Sports massage benefits the athlete by removing lactic acid build up, relaxing tight muscles and rejuvenating tired muscles.
- If you have acute back pain it is important to consult with your doctor or physiotherapist first before receiving a massage as these people are specialists in pain and can tell you whether or not massage is safe for you.
- Remedial massage therapists have met criteria through study and practice to qualify for a provider number through private health funds. This means you can claim your massage through your fund.
- Pregnant women can enjoy the benefits of massage for themselves and their baby. This is a specialised form of massage and it is important that you see a professional who is qualified in this type of massage. Babies can also benefit from massage and some qualified physiotherapists and midwives can do this and show you how to also.