Call us on (07) 3278 1186
Chocolate protein balls
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: Serves 25
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup natural low carb whey protein powder (or other)
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- 6 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- I will often add a handful of seeds – sesame, sunflower or pumpkin.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. raw cacao powder / desiccated coconut
How to make it:
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, and blend until well combined. When squeezed in your hands, the mix should come together, and not crumble. If it crumbles, blend for a few more minutes in the food processor – or add a bit of water.
- Roll the mix into small balls and place in the freezer for half an hour.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix the chocolate coating ingredients until smooth.
- Tip all the balls from the freezer into this bowl, and toss them around, thoroughly coating them with the coconut oil.
- Roll the balls through some desiccated coconut or cacao powder, and place on a tray and put back in the freezer to set for another ½ hour.
- Store in the freezer or fridge until just before serving to prevent the coating from melting.