Call us on (07) 3278 1186
5 Important Questions to ask your Physical Therapist
- Ask your physical therapist about their qualifications and about where their special interests lie. You will be able to ascertain how interested they are in you!
- Ask your physical therapist for exercises. Never leave an appointment without an exercise or some form of homework. This could be as simple as “never crossing your legs when sitting” or “do 10 heel raises every time you make a cup of tea”. Even a single exercise can be the difference between a successful outcome and a non-successful outcome.
- Ask your physical therapist for advice on activities of daily living eg, cleaning, vacuuming, watching TV. You will be surprised how many sit in front of the TV for hours at a time. This is a NO NO for your lower back. Your physical therapist can advise you on how to perform these tasks as well as how long you should sit for or even how you should sit.
- Ask your physical therapist whether they offer an ongoing service to help you maintain your gains. This could be in the form of a monthly tune up to check to see if you are doing your exercises properly or if any pain has returned. Often physiotherapists will offer exercise classes that may help you to keep on track and keep that back pain at bay. See our class timetable for details.
- Ask your physical therapist whether they offer email support. Our practise offers email support in the form of inspirational weekly quotes. Patients may also ask questions via email if they are unable to come into the practise.